Chambéry is a small, winter only airport, servicing a good number of the French ski resorts the Southern and Northern Alps.
The Three Valleys ski resorts are just an hour and twenty minutes away, Les Arcs and La Plagne can be reached in an hour and a half and the Espace Killy resorts of Val d'Isere and Tignes are around two hours from the airport.
- Airport Code: CMF
- Distance from Chambéry city centre: 8km
- Number of terminals: 1
- Number of runways: 2
- Accepted Currency: Euros (€)
- Information Desk: The Information Desk is situated opposite the terminal entrance and is open from 08:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday and 09:00 to 21:00 at weekends.
- Ski boots and helmets are not permitted as hand luggage
Travel & Transport:
- Parking: You will find 300 free car parking spaces just opposite the terminal, there is also space for 20 coaches.
- Car Hire: Cars can be hired from Avis, Europcar, National Citer and Hertz at the porta-cabin in the car park. The cabin opens on arrival of all regular flights and by prior arrangement.
- Coaches: Coach tickets can be bought at the desk near Baggage Claim, the coach stop is outside the terminal to the right. Scheduled coach shuttle services operated by Trans’Neige offer quick and easy access from the airport to the surrounding ski resorts.
- Travelling to Morzine: The most common methods of getting from Chambéry Airport to Morzine are by transfer bus or hire car. Read our Transfers Guide for more information.
- Railway Station: There is no direct railway link from Chambéry Airport. The quickest way is to take a taxi to Chambéry Challes les Eaux Gare SNCF, which costs around €20 and is roughly a 10 minute journey. There is also a regular shuttle bus that runs between the airport and the railway station, which takes 20-30 minutes. Read more about train services.
- Airlines: Plenty of airlines fly in and out of Chambéry during the winter, and only in the winter. Find all the destinations you can fly from in from and out to at Chambery. Note that the cheapest airline to fly into may not always be the most economical overall; it is always worth researching how much your Airport Transfer will cost before you book your bargain flight! Find a flight here.
Services & Facilities:
- Restaurants, Bars & Takeaways: Chambéry Airport has just 1 restaurant on the mezzanine of the airport which features a terrace with view overlooking the runway. There is also a small snack bar that serves much the same sort of food as in the restaurant, but has more limited choice - it is handy if you just want to grab a quick sandwich or coffee. The restaurant and snack bar normally stay open until the last flight has left.
- Shops: The airport shops are only open during the winter and consist of a duty-free shop in the departure lounge and a regional products shop near the entrance to the terminal.
- Conference Rooms: Chambéry Airport has a Business Centre which offers meeting rooms and lounges for hire. There is also a private VIP arrivals and departures lounge.
- Internet Access: You can get free WiFi connection by creating an account on line whilst you're here.
- Smokers: Chambéry is a non-smoking airport, so if you need one last cigarette before getting on the plane you will have to go outside before you go through to departures!
- Cash & Currency: You can withdraw cash (euros) from the cash dispenser at the terminal entrance. There is no currency exchange at the airport.
- First Aid: If a medical emergency should arise there are gendarmes (police officers) patrolling the airport at all times and additional pompiers (fire brigade) at the weekend. If you need assistance you should make your way to the main Information Desk.
Luggage / Animals
- Hand Luggage: SKI BOOTS AND HELMETS ARE NOT PERMITTED AS HAND LUGGAGE on flights out of Chambery. You will have to check these items in which may incur an excess baggage charge. Read more about what you can and can't carry in your luggage.
- Left Luggage: There are no left luggage facilities.
- Lost Luggage: Report any lost luggage at the Information Desk on arrival.
- Animals: The general policy on transporting animals is that those weighing under 5kg and carried in a bag (à la Paris Hilton’s Chihuahua) can travel in the cabin. Any animals heavier than 5kg must travel in a cage in the hold. Arrangements for animals must be made in advance and you should clarify with your airline what their individual policy is.
- Voglans 73420 France
More Morzine Insights...
- Morzine Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Morzine opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Morzine winter 2020/21
- Early-booking discounts on 2020/21 Morzine ski passes
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020