Temperatures have dropped from an unseasonably warm 15ºC down to freezing, with snow falling all the way down to town. Approximately 20cm have settled in town with more snow up the mountain.
High winds have meant that, at the moment, some areas, in particular Fornet in Avoriaz, are still not open. However, there is plenty of fresh snow to be found elsewhere. The weather is still overcast and more snow is expected. Friday looks as though it will offer the best chance for sunshine with more snow to follow over the next week.
With current conditions, it is a good idea to stay in the trees to make the most of the snow and get the best possible visibility. As soon as the sun returns, there will be plenty of opportunities to get the best possible skiing.
More Morzine Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Morzine
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Morzine
- Snow keeps on falling in Morzine
- Morzine Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Rock the Pistes Morzine 2020 cancelled