Following a wet weekend in Morzine, the temperature started to drop on Monday with the snow arriving on Tuesday morning. The snow continued throughout the day and into the night and the town is looking white once again.
Approximately 15cm have fallen at resort level, with the freezing level dropping all the way down to 800m at times. More snow fell higher up the mountain, with reports suggesting that there has been up to a metre right at the top of the mountain. This fresh snowfall follows on from the last good snowfall last Wednesday, although heavy rain at the weekend did not help the snowpack. The new snowfall will have improved conditions, and the fact that the latest storm had less wind than last week means that the higher, more exposed slopes will have benefited the most this week.
The avalanche risk is currently at 3/5 so whilst caution is necessary there should still be plenty of good snow to be found. The next few days look as though they will be cold and sunny, providing some of the best conditions of the season so far.
More Morzine Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Safety measures in Morzine for summer 2020
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Morzine
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020