And the prize for the snowiest month of the season goes to... March! So far, it's snowed pretty much every day in Morzine since the last week of February.
Just like we predicted in our last dump alert, Monday saw around 40cm of fresh snow on the higher slopes, taking the total of fresh snow over the weekend to around 1 metre. Tuesday and Wednesday were mainly sunny but the snow returned on Thursday.
On Friday morning, we woke up to around a dusting of snow in town and 40cm up in Avoriaz. Some lifts have suffered from delayed openings. The avalanche risk has risen to 4/5 and the local avalanche bulletin has warned of a very unstable snowpack due to the combination of wind, snowfall and rain, so stay safe out there!
A dusting of snow is on the forecast today. Saturday will be sunny but there's another snowstorm coming on Monday, with around 20cm expected to fall again. The skies will remain mostly blue for the rest of the week.
More Morzine Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Safety measures in Morzine for summer 2020
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Morzine
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Morzine