Every summer France is gripped by the biggest and best cycle race in Europe - Le Tour de France.
The Alps have played a large part in the race over the years with the gruelling mountain climbs providing some of the most exciting spectacles of the event. The route changes slightly each year, taking in different towns and villages along the way.
Even if the race doesn't pass near to where you are this summer you can guarantee that it will still be avidly watched in bars and cafés around the country with everyone joining in to cheer on the famous yellow jersey! Read more about the the Yellow Jersey, the origins & the history of Le Tour in our dedicated section.
This year on Saturday 21st July 2018 sees a stage with 4 Cols to climb, from Annecy to La Grand Bornand - 169km.
More Morzine Insights...
- Morzine Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Morzine opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Morzine winter 2020/21
- Early-booking discounts on 2020/21 Morzine ski passes
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020