St Jean d'Aulps ski area has 50 kilometres of pistes, accessed by 4 chairlifts, 1 cable car and 11 drag lifts. There are 7 green pistes, 9 blue pistes, 12 red pistes and 2 black pistes.
Although the St Jean d’Aulps ski area is part of the Portes du Soleil it is not connected by pistes or lifts to the rest of the resort but it is well worth a look particularly as a full area ski pass is valid here (see the piste maps).
The resort is a little-known secret and you should find it a quiet destination even during the busiest holiday weeks of the season but you will need to drive to get there. The drive takes about twenty minutes from Morzine centre.
The skiing is suitable for a mix of abilities mainly constituting blue and red runs with one black. However some of the reds are pretty demanding and, as usual, there is plenty of scope for getting away from the piste.
The high points of the area are the Col de Graydon and Grande Terche at 1800 metres apiece. Both offer long reds, for example, the Le Grande Souvroz stretches to five kilometres and has the alternative of doing a shorter black section half way down if required - Les Vous.
More Morzine Insights...
- Early-booking discounts on 2020/21 Morzine ski passes
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Safety measures in Morzine for summer 2020
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Morzine