You should incorporate warm up and cool down periods when skiing; you can use gentle versions of some of these exercises to loosen up before your first run, ideally after you've walked to the slopes to get the blood flowing.
- Standing Forward Leg Swing - 20 reps each leg
- Standing Side to Side Leg Swing - 20 reps each leg
- Hip Openers - 20 reps each leg
- Hip Rotation - 10 reps each direction
- Arm Rotations - 20 reps each side + 10 together
- Lunges with optional use of Poles - 20 reps each leg
In reality when in resort this doesn't always happen but in Morzine you can make the most of a walk to the lift. Even little things that you can do while you are standing around will help such as circling shoulders and hips, bringing knees up to hug your chest, rotating your ankles (just try not to wave your ski poles around at the same time, you won’t make yourself popular…)
If you haven't been able to do some warm ups then start the day slowly by taking it easy with your first few runs.
If you do nothing else try and stretch out at the end of the day and focus on your quads (thighs), calves and glutes. If you don’t the aches and pains the next morning will tell you exactly which areas you need to focus on next time!
More Morzine Insights...
- Morzine Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Morzine opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Morzine winter 2020/21
- Early-booking discounts on 2020/21 Morzine ski passes
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020