It is now the very last week of lifts in the Portes du Soleil ski area, and some of he individual resorts have already closed for winter.
Super Morzine closed a couple of days earlier than scheduled. The pistes had really begun to suffer from the recent warm weather and, except to access Avoriaz via the Proclou lift, there was little point keeping the area open by the end. Elsewhere in Morzine, the Pleney and Nyon areas stayed open right through to Sunday the 14th. The snow cover on the pistes remain mostly very good, although at the very bottom of the Pleney pistes and the piste coming back from Nyon to Morzine the snow cover was completely isolated to the pistes themselves with the rest of the mountain looking very green.
More Morzine Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Safety measures in Morzine for summer 2020
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Morzine
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Morzine