Diots are delicious Savoyard sausages, usually cooked in white wine with onions or grilled. There are lots of varieties of diots, the most common ones being 'nature' and smoked.
The word 'diot' comes from the Savoyard dialect and means sausage. Made with pork meat, they are seasoned with spices. Sometimes other ingredients are added, such as cabbage ('choux'), cheese or mushrooms.
They are usually served with potatoes, crozets or lentils. There are also dried diots that do not need to be cooked.
More Morzine Insights...
- Morzine Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Morzine opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Morzine winter 2020/21
- Early-booking discounts on 2020/21 Morzine ski passes
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020