You've made up your mind – you want to come to Morzine on your next ski holiday. As you start researching your trip, you find out that there’s more than one town in the area and that they all offer a great selection of chalets, apartments and hotels. Accommodation is one of the biggest expenses when booking a trip so you want to make sure that you’ve chosen where you’re going to stay carefully. Worry not, we’re here to help!
Located deep in the Dranse River valley, at an altitude of 1000 metres above sea level, Morzine is one of the most popular ski and mountain resorts in the world. This is mainly thanks to its exceptional location – it's close to Geneva international airport making it very easy to get to, while also superbly positioned at the heart of the Portes du Soleil ski area and its 650km of runs.
There are several towns and villages along the Dranse valley, many of which are linked to the pistes thanks to an extensive network of ski and summer lifts. In a nutshell, the river Dranse divides the valley into two wooded slopes: Morzine spills onto both of them while Les Gets stands on the western side and the eastern slope is occupied by Montriond and, higher up, Avoriaz.
Following the valley downriver towards Geneva Lake is St Jean d’Aulps which boasts its own ski area and is another great spot to base yourself while holidaying here. Finally, crossing the border into Switzerland over the mountains that loom above Avoriaz sits Chatel, another Portes du Soleil hot spot very popular with skiers.
- 5 things to consider before deciding where to stay in Morzine
- Morzine: The heart of the action
- Les Gets: Family-friendly accommodation by the pistes
- Montriond: Luxury apartments & chalets in picturesque surroundings
- Nyon & Les Nants: Quiet areas with high-end accommodation
- Les Prodains: Easy access to the Portes du Soleil
- Luxury hot spots in Morzine
- Romantic corners in Morzine
- Group accommodation in Morzine
- Family-friendly areas in Morzine
- Cheap accommodation in Morzine
- Ski-in & ski-out areas in Morzine
- Mountain bike hot spots in Morzine
- Camping & glamping in Morzine