It started snowing across Morzine and the wider area on Friday, and it didn't stop all weekend! Technically, we should have sent this Dump Alert yesterday, but we have to confess to being out enjoying a skiing blast using chairlifts (in neighbouring Avoriaz) for the first time in 18 months (sorry!)...
We are seeing a small break in the weather today - with glimpses of blue sky making the town and resort look just stunning! But the break in the snow isn't for long, with snow set to start falling again either late tonight or early tomorrow morning.
So now for the technical bits! As of writing this on Monday morning, here is the breakdown:
- It started snowing on Saturday 4th
- It has stopped now but set to start again tonight
- Freeze level (basically down to what level is it snowing?) 650m (night) - 1000m (day)
- How deep is the snow? At the peaks, we have about 280cms right now and at lower levels, 40cms.
- Fresh snowfall depth is 37cm from this snowfall
Right now, it's pretty cold, with temperatures around -5℃ but with wind chill taking the temperature down to about -9℃ . So wrap up warm if you're out there exploring.
But basically, it’s good news! The snow is here, Morzine is looking beautiful and the excitement levels are high!
See you on the slopes soon!