Even if Morzine is located in an interior, mountainous area, there is still a type of fish quite commonly found in traditional restaurant's menus, the "féra".
This species of fish (Coregonus fera) belongs to the same family as salmon and trout. They live in the lakes of the Alps and the Jura, in deep cold water.
Most of the féras consumed in the restaurants of Morzine come from Lake Léman, but they were also introduced in other urban lakes such as Lake Annecy and Lake Bourget in the 19th century.
They are usually served grilled, fried, poached or smoked, as well as raw in tartare.
More Morzine Insights...
- Morzine Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Morzine opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Morzine winter 2020/21
- Early-booking discounts on 2020/21 Morzine ski passes
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020