Following a slow start to the winter the council of Les Gets met this morning to decide whether or not to open Mt Chery in Les Gets for mountain bikes.
The decision has been made to open the lift from this Saturday as they continue to wait for adequate snow cover.
Season passes will work on the lift and those without passes can buy a pedestrian pass in town.
Ski shops in Les Gets will be renting out bikes and helmets for anyone who wishes to give it a go.
Whilst this is indicative of the poor snow cover at the moment it does show that Les Gets are at least being proactive and trying to give tourism a boost, as well as helping out businesses that might be struggling at the moment.
More Morzine Insights...
- Morzine Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Morzine opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Morzine winter 2020/21
- Early-booking discounts on 2020/21 Morzine ski passes
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020