The replacement of the Ranfoilly ski lift in Les Gets is going ahead and the contract has been signed with the company set to manufacture it.
The new 6 seat chair lift will be able to carry 3,300 skiers per hour and will be accessed by a magic carpet, similar to the Envers lift which has just opened in La Plagne (see image above).
The seats will be two-coloured and new base and arrival stations will also be built, at a total cost of around 8.5 million euros.
An information panel will be put in place next winter at the current lift to show the plans to the public.
The date for completion of the new lift is yet to be announced.
More Morzine Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Safety measures in Morzine for summer 2020
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Morzine
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020