Montriond is a small village that sits on the eastern side of the valley from Morzine. Although it is separated from the main body of Morzine by the Dereches river, it is as close to the lifts, shops and bars as some parts of Morzine and has better access to the Ardent bubble than most of Morzine.
The village is quite spread out and, even if some parts of it lie on the Ardent bus route, the “M-Line”, other parts are still quite rural and not accessible by public transport. Montriond has all the basic services, including a small grocery store, which is quite pricey compared to the supermarkets in the area but it is open on a Sunday (which some of the others are not so it is ideal if you run out of milk at the weekend).
Montriond also has a ski rental shop, pizzeria and it's own doctor surgery. It can sometimes be worth asking the ambulance to drop you here if you have an accident on the hill, as the queues are much shorter than in Morzine where in peak season you may find yourself queuing in the hall waiting for an X-ray. Not ideal if you have just injured yourself!
More Morzine Insights...
- Morzine Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Morzine opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Morzine winter 2020/21
- Early-booking discounts on 2020/21 Morzine ski passes
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020