The picturesque village of Les Lindarets or the "Goat Village” as it’s more fondly known, is a worth a visit in summer and winter.
In the winter, it forms part of the heart of the Portes du Soleil region and is a popular stop-off point for skiers and snowboarders. It isn’t accessible by car during the winter but nevertheless, its wealth of restaurants and bars are always buzzing with people making their way down the slopes.
In the summer the village is almost unrecognisable! It transforms from popular skiing resort to alpine farming village with hundreds of goats roaming the streets and pathways. It’s an incredible sight! It’s quite chaotic to pass through on a bike, by car or by foot with the animals clearly ruling the roads, so be prepared to brake suddenly and drive very slowly through it during the summer months. The sound from the bells is also quite spectacular and is well worth a visit just to see this.
More Morzine Insights...
- Safety measures in Morzine winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Morzine from June 15th 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Morzine
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Rock the Pistes Morzine 2020 cancelled
- Magic March brings plenty of powder to Morzine