In the heart of the pretty resort of Les Gets, this large chalet-style hotel has been owned for 4 generations by the Mirigay family. Ideally located at the foot of the slopes and lifts it's a great base for both winter and summer holidays alike.
This chalet-style hotel offers 4 star luxury and boasts a selection of comfortable yet traditional rooms. The main area called 'La Marmotte' has 48 rooms decorated with light wood. This is connected through a passageway to the smaller 'La Tapiaz'. This annex of the hotel, built in 2012, has 8 rooms designed in a chic, sophisticated style. Rooms in both are for 2 to 6 people, all equipped with a real attention to detail and include a TV and WiFi access. With deep pillows and comfortable duvets, some with wood-burning stoves, they provide all you need for a relaxing unforgettable holiday.
Seven family suites are also available at the hotel and can accommodate between 4 and 7 people in 45-130m2.
After an active day on the mountain, guests can make the most of the hotel's spa which features a luxurious indoor infinity pool, steam room, sauna and jacuzzi where you can relax and revive aching muscles. Treatments are also available if you want to truly indulge on your holiday.
941 verified reviews by
Good to know
Good to know
Good to know
Good to know
You can hire electric bikes from the hotel if you stay as a summer guest.
The indoor infinity pool adds to the sophisticated alpine environment that the hotel has created and is built within wooden and stone walls. There is a small section at one end of the pool with sun-loungers where you can relax after a refreshing swim.
During the winter months, the pool is open between 10:00 - 12:00 and from 16:00 - 20:00. There is a lifeguard present, but parents remain responsible for the safety of their children and may not leave them unattended. In the summer the pools is open from 08:30 - 20:00 unsupervised.
The bar is a refreshing combination of chic alpine furnishings and modern quirky eccentricity. There are comfortable leather sofas with sheepskin cushions, colourful chairs, art deco lights and log fires. The bar serves a range of aperitifs, wines and beers as well as tea, coffee, and home-made pastries during the day. Take a look at the menu.
Unlike most hotels, La Marmotte wanted to ensure that its guests had a choice of dining options and consequently offers their guests a choice of three restaurants. You'll find classic French and International cuisine with a modern twist at the La Piste Noire, traditional Savoyard specialities at La Pivotte and a Brassiere Grill restaurant, Biskatcha.
The hotel offers both B&B as well as half board rates.
- "In 20 years, this is the first time time my wife wants to return to a hotel, that's how good it was. Thierry is fantastic and really made us feel welcomed, spoilt and sooo well looked after. He was absolutely brilliant. He has been with the hotel for 24 years and makes every guest feel so personally cared for. The facilities are top class and the choice of three restaurants was a huge plus as being there for a week we appreciated the diversity. Pool, spa and games room facilities all brilliant. As importantly this town has a lovely feel to it - alpine ambiance, friendly people, caring attitude amongst shop, restaurant, bar owners. Wonderful alpine retreat - we will be returning!" - Trip Advisor
- "This hotel and it's friendly staff exceeded our expectations and will become a regular for us on our ski trips! Love the ambiance, great central location and awesome hospitality, and it has one of the best spa facilities anywhere." - Trip Advisor
- "Our family has stayed at the Marmotte many times and it now feels like Home from Home. The staff are unfailingly friendly and helpful. The Spa is a delight and although Les Gets has real charm and some great mountain restaurants." - Trip Advisor
- From Paris: A6, then A40 to Cluses (junction 19) and D902
- From Lyon: A43 to Chambéry, then A41 to Bonneville, A40 to Cluses (junction 19) and D902
- From Geneva: A40 to Cluses (junction 19), then D902
- Geneva International Airport (55 km)
- Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport (170 km)
- Annecy airport (80 km)
- Paris-Cluses: TGV (high speed train), 4h 30min/Paris-Geneva: TGV, 3h 30min
- Resort accessible by taxi or bus. We can reserve a taxi for you, subject to sufficient prior notice (especially during school holidays).
- Cluses from 50€
- Geneva from 140€
Children are welcome and the hotel ensures their stay is as enjoyable as yours.
- 61 Rue du Chene